Health Benefits of Eating Oats
These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
1. Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious
Oats are rich in carbs and fiber, but also higher in protein and fat than most other grains. They are very high in many vitamins and minerals.
2. Whole Oats Are Rich in Antioxidants
Oats contain many powerful antioxidants, including avenanthramides. These compounds may help reduce blood pressure and provide other benefits.
3. Oats Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan
Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits
4. They Can Lower Cholesterol Levels and Protect LDL Cholesterol From Damage
5. Oats Can Improve Blood Sugar Control
6. Oatmeal Is Very Filling and May Help You Lose Weight
7. Finely Ground Oats May Help With Skin Care
8. They May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Asthma
9. Oats May Help Relieve Constipation